Saturday, March 25, 2006

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 11

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 11 Product Review

Having owned another high end video editing product, I was pretty excited to get this inexpensive Movie editing software package in the mail.

So I set out to see how easy it would be to use this product and to check the performance of this product. Installation was a snap and it recognized all of my input devices without any prompting. What I found with this video editing product was a software package that had all of the features of programs that are 10 times as expensive. The editing portion of the package included standard storyboard layout features with a very nice assortment of 3D fades and Video effects. In fact their product out of the box included some visual effects that I would have had to pay separately for in the past with the other vendors.

One of the cool features is the timeline mode, were you can review your production over the full timeline of the video you are assembling. Amazingly you can have up to 16 video editing tracks. Anyone that has done any serious audio/video editing understand the importance of having multiple tracks, this allows you to easily put in overlays and other effects which in the end allows you to create your video faster.

Capturing of video from my digital camera and my digital HI-8 camera was a snap. A feature that surprised me was that I could transfer my finished video back to my camcorder, I have never seen a video editing product allow that. Encoding the completed video was on par with any product I have seen, with typical encoding times and the output selections were numerous to include being able to burn the Video to a dual layer DVD. I don't have a wide screen TV but you can create your videos to take advantage of the wide screen TV's

Overall I would say for the $59.99 price tag you can not go wrong with this video editing software package. Being able to create DVD's is still one of those task that many people dread, when they think about doing it because of the time commitment and perceived technical requirements. But with MAGIX Movie Edit pro11 production of great home movies for consumers and semi-professionals is a snap and does not require extensive training. If you have never edited any video I think this product is well suited for the average consumer.

One interesting thing is that they have an on line service, so if you do not have a web host or website don't worry you will be able to share your video's with MAGIX On line, for free so that your friends and family can come and download or stream the movies directly to their computers

This product becomes available on March 30th, again the price can't be beat. [www.magix.com]

This product has been made available to Geek News Central for free to review with no guarantee of positive review, and has not paid for nor requested a endorsement of the product. All Products reviewed on Geek News Central are used for a minimum of 3 days in a real consumer world computing environment.

0 comments: